Eco Home Tour
- Rating: This adventure is rated for all.
- Where: Meet at Marydale’s Family Restaurant. We’ll walk to the first home and drive/carpool to 3 more.
- When: Start @ 1PM on Sunday June 9th. Duration approx. 3-4 hours.
- What to bring: A vehicle to travel between different sites, water, rain gear if inclement weather, snacks.
- Price: $44.00 (+HST). Net proceeds to conservation on the Bruce Peninsula.
This exclusive tour is a “doors open” event showcasing some of the central Peninsula’s most unique and ecologically conscious homes.
The design philosophies of five unique buildings will be revealed, showing how to make living on the Peninsula cleaner and greener yet comfortable for our challenging and varied seasons.
You will see a zero energy home, a log and stone home built from locally-sourced materials, a 40’x40’ straw bale workshop and dance studio, A unique owner built off grid home, and a passive solar house with permaculture elements.
These spectacular buildings exhibit the best in living more self-sufficiently, creating less impact, and in showing ecological leadership when it comes to building practices and loving experience.
Play, Learn, Make a Difference!